- Parking Agreement
- When will permits go on sale?
- Who can get parking?
- Will I have an assigned parking spot?
- How much do permits cost?
- How are parking spots assigned?
- What do I do if I drive a different car to school for a day?
- Ticket Information
- What if I don’t have my driver’s license yet?
- What should I do if I get a new car?
- I’m a Sophomore, can I park on campus?
- Someone is in my spot. What do I do?
WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL PARKING AGREEMENT 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
The Eanes Independent School District provides transportation for students to and from the school to which they are assigned based on residence. Since student transportation is provided by the school district, the operation of a motor vehicle by students on campus is a privilege. Retention of the privilege is based on compliance with state motor vehicle laws and board policies and regulations that govern students. Violation of these laws, policies and regulations will result in loss of the privilege of operating a motor vehicle on campus and other disciplinary actions as appropriate.
The following regulations will be followed in the implementation of the Board of Trustees' Policy on Traffic and Parking Control.
● Senior Permits may be requested beginning May 22nd, through June 14th. If permits are still available after this point, they will be sold again starting Aug. 7, until sold out. Seniors purchasing a parking permit will be assessed a fee of $150.00 for a full year.
● Junior Permits may be requested beginning May 31st, through June 14th. If permits are still available after this point, they will be sold again starting Aug. 7, until sold out. There are three (3) twelve week parking periods during the school year. Juniors will be allowed to purchase ONE (1) of the twelve week parking passes for the school year. Parking costs will be $50 per twelve week period for juniors. If any additional parking passes become available a lottery will be held for the remainder of passes, and any junior will be eligible to win and purchase regardless of the 1 pass limit. The Junior class is one of the largest and we would like for all juniors to be able to park at least once on campus.
• Fall parking dates: August 22 – November 9
• Winter parking dates: November 12 – February 15 • Spring parking dates: February 18 – May 30
● In order to purchase a permit, students must also have all obligations cleared with the school.
● Permits can be picked up in mid-August. Information will be sent out with specific dates and times in early August.
● Students who complete the Alive at 25 educational program can purchase a permit for half the total cost. The certificate is valid for one year from the completion of the course, and is required to receive the discount. Sign up for Alive at 25 at www.texasaliveteam.org. Students must show completion certificate at time of permit payment in order to receive the discount.
● All hang tag permits must be clearly visible and hung on the rear view mirror on the front windshield.
● Students are responsible for their hang tag. The cost of a replacement permit will be the original purchase price.
● Any student vehicle that is unable to park in their assigned spot will park their vehicle in the rock/mulch lot located on Camp Craft Road, between the PAC and the WACC. Students are responsible for informing the AP Office immediately if someone is in their assigned spot, and if they have had to relocate their vehicle. Any vehicle in the rock/mulch lot will receive a ticket if their vehicle is not reported to the AP Office.
● Absolutely no students will be allowed to park in the visitor lots.
● Students may NOT give, sell, or transfer their permit to another student without approval from administration.
Parking Lot Regulations
● The SPEED LIMIT on Campus is 10 MPH.
● As per Parking Lot Regulations, EISD cannot be held responsible for any vehicle and will not guarantee any vehicle's safekeeping or its contents.
● Vehicles must be parked only in designated parking spaces between the white lines. STUDENTS ARE NOT TO PARK IN FIRE ZONES, LOADING/UNLOADING ZONES, DROP OFF/PICK UP ONLY AREAS, BUS LOADING ZONES, CURBS, GRASS, STAFF / TEACHER, RESERVED, OR VISITOR PARKING.
● Illegally parked cars will receive a ticket and may be booted or towed at owner's expense.
● Students may only park in a handicap space with a legal placard, obtained by a physician and the Texas DMV, assigned to that student. Parking in a handicap space or handicap access aisle may result in a citation.
● Students may ONLY park in their designated spot. Students parking in any other spot without proper temporary or exception permits will be ticketed.
● BECAUSE NON-SENIORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE CAMPUS FOR LUNCH, Juniors may not exit the parking area from 11:15 am to 1:30 pm without permission to leave. Students needing to leave campus during this time period for an appointment must have a valid Permit to leave from the Attendance Office.
● Students have exclusive parking in their designated parking spot between the hours of 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. only.
● Cars are not to be left in any campus parking lot overnight without prior authorization from campus and/or district administration.
● No students will be allowed to park in the visitor lot. If your assigned spot is taken, you must relocate your vehicle to the rock/mulch lot located on Camp Craft Road, between the PAC and the WACC. Students are responsible for informing the AP Office immediately if someone is in their assigned spot, and if they have had to relocate their vehicle. Any vehicle in the rock/mulch lot will receive a ticket if their vehicle is not reported to the AP Office.
● Only students with a school issued parking permit may park on campus. Sophomores and/or students without a permit may NOT park on campus.
● ANY STUDENT FOUND ABUSING THE PARKING PERMIT REGULATIONS BY SHARING; TRADING, SELLING OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRING THE PERMIT WILL HAVE THEIR PERMITS REVOKED AND BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION.
● Failure to abide by any regulation or policy of the Eanes ISD or any state law regarding vehicle operation may result in loss of the privilege of operating a motor vehicle on campus. When the privilege is lost, the permit must be removed from the vehicle and returned to the Assistant Principal's office. There will be no monetary refund. Westlake High School reserves the right to revoke a permit at any time.
● Determination of disciplinary action for any violation will be the responsibility of the school principal or designee. The administration of disciplinary action will be conducted in the same manner as that administered for violation of other school rules. Students may receive consequences for tickets that remain outstanding for more than 30 days.
● Students receiving tickets have three (3) days from the date of the ticket to appeal. Appeal forms are located under Student Life on WHS home page. Appeals will be reviewed by the parking appeal committee. All decisions will be emailed to the student’s EISD email account. Payment must be made within five (5) days of the ruling.
● Parking fines are $40.00 per ticket.
● Parking fines are payable at the Assistant Principal's office or the Bookkeeper office. STUDENTS WITH THREE (3) OUTSTANDING TICKETS ARE SUBJECT TO BEING BOOTED AND/OR TOWED. The student is responsible for paying any towing fees plus any outstanding tickets. When a vehicle is booted, the fine for removal is $75.00 plus the cost of the outstanding tickets.
● Students may face additional disciplinary consequences on and/or after their 3r d parking ticket including lunch detention, ISS, and/or revocation of parking privileges.
WHS Parking Infractions
Parking on the Westlake High School campus is a privilege. All students who purchase a pass have agreed to abide by the parking regulations set in place. Any infractions of those regulations will result in the following:
1s t Infraction – Ticket
2n d Infraction – Ticket
3r d Infraction – Ticket
4t h Infraction – Ticket, Vehicle will be booted,Call to parent
All tickets must be paid + $75.00 boot removal fee with cash, check or online. 5t h Infraction – Ticket, Vehicle will be TOWED, Call to parent, Could Result in Parking Privilege
Revoked for remainder of school year
Any vehicle parked on campus that has had parking privileges revoked, will be towed and may result in further disciplinary actions
If you find your vehicle has been towed. You will need to contact “BIG A Towing” 907 McPhaul St., Austin TX, 78758 (512)873.7899
2018-2019 Seniors can register for parking beginning at 6:30PM on Tuesday, May 22, 2018. Students will then pay for their permit online via their Skyward Account or when they are available for pick-up in August. Information will be sent out in early August with specific dates and times for permit pick-up.
Students will rank their lot choices in order when they register for parking. Seniors will be given priority in timestamp order, then Juniors. Seniors will be able to select between Stadium, PAC, and TLC lots. Juniors will be able to select from TLC and WACC lots, but the TLC slots will be very limited and filled after Seniors.