Honors & Recognitions
- TEA Met Standard School (Highest Ranking)
- U. S. Blue Ribbon School
- Texas Successful Schools Award for Outstanding Performance
- In 2021, Westlake High School moved up five spots and is now ranked number 293 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Westlake also notched number 152 in the nation for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Westlake ranks first in the state for 6A comprehensive four-year public high schools, excluding schools with a selective admissions process.
- Westlake HS ranked 172 in the nation for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by Newsweek.
- Westlake HS was named #1 comprehensive public high school in Texas by Niche.*
* excludes magnets, charters and schools that require an admission process
- The Class of 2020 includes 51 National Merit Finalists, 61 Commended Scholars, and 14 National Hispanic Recognition Program Recipients.
- The Class of 2020 was offered scholarships totaling more than $6 million.
- The Class of 2020 had 96 percent accepted to admission at the college level.
- The Class of 2020 submitted 4,502 applications to 391 colleges.
- Westlake has had a Presidential Scholar Candidate each of the past five years.
- Westlake High School had 21 students selected as All-State musicians by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA), an honor that only the top three percent of musicians who initially audition achieve.
- The Class of 2020 includes 19 Westlake High School students earning perfect ACT scores.
- The Class of 2020 volunteered more than 36,000 hours in the community last year.
- The Westlake High School Best Buddies team won Rookie Chapter of the year in Texas in 2020.
- The Westlake Football Team won the state championship in 2020 and 2021.