Honors & Recognitions
- TEA Met Standard School (Highest Ranking)
- U. S. Blue Ribbon School
- Texas Successful Schools Award for Outstanding Performance
- Westlake High School has been ranked number 213 in the nation and number 40 in Texas by U.S. News and World Report. Westlake was honored as a Gold Medal recipient and ranks 2nd in the state for comprehensive four-year high schools, second only to Highland Park High School and excluding magnets, Early College high schools, charters and schools that require an admission process. Westlake was also ranked 162 in the nation for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- The Class of 2018 includes 25 National Merit Finalists, 45 Commended Scholars, and 16 National Hispanic Recognition Program Recipients.
- The Class of 2018 was offered scholarships totaling more than $23 million
- The Class of 2018 had 99 percent accepted to admission at the college level
- Westlake has had a Presidential Scholar Candidate each of the past four years, including five candidates in 2018.
- Westlake High School had 16 students selected as All-State musicians by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA), an honor that only the top three percent of musicians who initially audition achieve.
- At the Journalism Education Association/National Scholastic Press Association national convention, the Featherduster took sixth place Best of Show in the special edition category for their "The Game of Life" winter issue. The Final Draft took ninth Best of Show in the literary magazine category.
- Nine Westlake High School students notched perfect ACT scores in 2017-18.
- The Class of 2018 volunteered close to 43,000 hours in the community last year.
Team InDecisive from Westlake High School placed ninth in the world at Destination Imagination, Inc. Global Finals. Approximately 1,400 teams competed from around the globe.